Tuesday, March 2, 2010

pier 1. a love story.

as i mentioned yesterday, i took a little shopping detour over to pier 1 this weekend, and i have never wanted to empty out my checking account so bad. i've always liked browsing around the store, but this time was different. i wanted to buy. and the fact that i'm in the planning stages of turning what once was my playroom/extra storage room into my studio gave me even more reason to look with the intent of actually purchasing.

i wasn't even 10 steps inside the door when i spotted this beauty. awesomely colorful desk chair? i think so.


i made my way to the back of the store where the clearance section is, drooled over a couple of oversized mirrors that i have nowhere to put, and finally saw this guy:


now, if you know me personally.. you're probably saying, "seriously, christen?" heck, you're probably saying that if you don't know me personally. but i stand by my impulse purchase. especially since he was only $10. sitting there on that shelf. all alone. [yeah, i have problems.]

my go-to color palette is usually springy, summery colors. teal, lime green, baby blue. mind you, that chair still has some resemblance to what i love, but it introduces a whole new range of colors that i would never have picked out by myself. red, mustard yellow, darker forest green. then i started realizing that i don't want to limit myself to two or three colors.. not when everything i already love can be mixed with the unexpected!

like i said, teal is one of my favorites. so you can imagine my reaction when i saw this at the other end of the store.


yep. THAT'S what i'm talking about. a girl can never have too many shelves. and it looks like a one-of-a-kind piece when you see it in person. something i can make up a story about, just like rachel did in the one with the apothecary table. [gotta be a FRIENDS lover to get that reference.]

so anyway, that's my pier 1 love story. now if you'd like to donate to the christen-needs-random-and-expensive-pieces-of-furniture fund, please go here. thanks. :)

2 comments:

  1. i felt exactly like this the first time I walked into an Urban Outfitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! I want it all too, especial that teal bookcase.

    ReplyDelete

i'd absolutely love to know what you think! :)